Description

The joys and tribulations of a rising photographer, young mother, and horse lover.

Please note that all photos are copyright 2009 Amy Patience Flood. They are not to be downloaded or duplicated in any fashion and are protected by local and international copyright laws.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Wild Dogs


One of my favorite things to do when I'm taking a break from working is to go out in the backyard and watch my dogs. They are outside dogs and have a huge yard to roam free in. In fact, our backyard is bigger than many of enclosures I've seen for exotic animals at zoo.

In our backyard, Meeka, Jessie and Rambo are allowed to live naturally. The only difference is that Meeka and Jessie are spayed, they all are fed everyday and they love for us to come out and play with them!

Yesterday while "dog-watching", I took this picture.

Pack Mentality

Meeka (left) likes to make faces but she is actually very gentle with the puppies. Jessie (center) is currently the lowest in the pecking order, but she is not afraid to stand up for herself if need be. Rambo (back, left) is the dominant male. He's really started challenging Meeka in recent weeks and I'm sure he'll soon be taking her place as "pack leader". Meeka and Jessie are spayed - Rambo is not. I was planning to get him neutered shortly, but have noticed that his male behavior is making him very protective of the house and its' residents, which I am very pleased with as we do not live in the best neighborhood. I'm thinking about letting him stay a full male for a little longer before getting him fixed - we will see. :)

No puppies were harming in the making of this photograph. ;-)

I promise. :)

0 comments:

 
Amy Patience Flood - Personal Blog creditosbtemplates creditos Templates by lecca 2008 .....Top