Description

The joys and tribulations of a rising photographer, young mother, and horse lover.

Please note that all photos are copyright 2009 Amy Patience Flood. They are not to be downloaded or duplicated in any fashion and are protected by local and international copyright laws.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Birthless is Time


It is almost 2 AM and it is time for me to wind down and abandon the computer for sleep. Tomorrow I will get up, heat up some coffee and begin another long day. Lately I have been working too many long (long) days. As much as I love my job, I am reminded that I need to take a step back and make time for other things in my life as well.

It's been a long week - full of beginnings and endings. Earlier in the week, we had a death in the family. And yesterday, on Sunday afternoon, I was witness to a new beginning.

I don't pretend to understand the way life works sometimes. But I do know that there is a higher purpose.

I took the photo below as I made my way home from a wedding yesterday. It made me think. If we were able to look today, into the rear view mirror of our lives, would we be doing something differently?

DSC_0164-2

The following poem was penned by Sri Chinmoy:

Helpless is Time
When I sleep.

Useless is Time
When I doubt.

Hopeless is Time
When I despair.

Godless is Time
When I halt.

Measureless is Time
When I move.

Birthless is Time
When I am of God.

Deathless is Time
When I am for God.

0 comments:

 
Amy Patience Flood - Personal Blog creditosbtemplates creditos Templates by lecca 2008 .....Top