Description

The joys and tribulations of a rising photographer, young mother, and horse lover.

Please note that all photos are copyright 2009 Amy Patience Flood. They are not to be downloaded or duplicated in any fashion and are protected by local and international copyright laws.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Fred Perel: June 15, 1939


I'm running haggard and was too lazy and tired to come up with something creative and innovative myself tonight, so I thought instead I would post another love letter. I promise to post something different and more "me" tomorrow night.

I also wanted to mention that if anyone wants to comment, it's that little button on the upper right hand of the post - where it says "0 comments". Just click that and a comment box will appear!

Not sure why, but I only took one photo of this letter.

Fred Perel: June 15, 1939

June 14, 1939

Dear Marion,

After waiting quite a while I've received your letter yesterday and have, like I always do, forgiven you already, and understand your position all right but I believe you really don't have to let me wait so long, if there isn't much to write, don't write much but at least let me hear from you. Please don't misunderstand, but I really worry if I have to wait so long.

In the meantime you must have received the big picture. How do you like it? I think its swell. We are both good on it, I even found that our lips look exactly alike on it. Gee! Didn't I find something there. I received the film from Silvia the other day, and send you enclosed a few prints.

I am very happy that you enjoy my staying with you as much as I did and the fun and good times we both had. Well a few more weeks and I hope we will enjoy ourselves together again here in Birmingham.

How did you enjoy these dances from the A.[Z?].A and that other one? Our club the J.L.C. Gives a banquet and dance next Wednesday. Boy! I wished you were here. Would we have a grand time. I wonder if you could make it. Gee! I wouldn't know what to do. I know how it is but maybe you can come anyhow.

A nice experience you had the other day. 2 miles to walk is plenty to make you hot and tired. I am also glad that the driver of the automobile had the car under her control.

Yesterday our Y.M.H. + Ping Pong team played the Y.M.C.A. Skinny loosing his game gave them an early lead which then came to a 3:2. I had to play the last game and in this match I had the most important one. I played their no. 2 man and did I fix him up. I beat him 21:8, 21:10 which tied up the score. Our no. 1 man then had to play twice so we can find the winner and he brought us the victory. It really was exciting.

In summer school I am enjoying myself. I take Biology and Sociology. Like usual I don't intend to work hard in this heat, so don't worry I won't work myself to death. Three more weeks and I will have completed my first semester. Five after this and I will be through and waiting for you to come here which reminds me, have you written your aunt yet?

Now let me tell you the big news if you don't know it already. Hellen, Sam's wife, left him a couple of days ago. She is in Atlanta now for good. Everyone seems to be happy about it, I don't know about Sam, but I try my best to make him forget her by taking him along wherever I go.

Well it looks like I have written you all there is and its getting late, tomorrow at 5:30 o'clock is my night over, so I will close my letter hoping you all in the best of health and sending my regard to every one including your dear father and sister.

Yours Always,

Fred

P.S. I love your new stationary. Its very pretty.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amy's Comments:

I like Fred. He has very pretty, easy to read handwriting. :)

0 comments:

 
Amy Patience Flood - Personal Blog creditosbtemplates creditos Templates by lecca 2008 .....Top