Description

The joys and tribulations of a rising photographer, young mother, and horse lover.

Please note that all photos are copyright 2009 Amy Patience Flood. They are not to be downloaded or duplicated in any fashion and are protected by local and international copyright laws.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Better Days


I plugged in my old hard drive today and accidentally stumbled across a video I never knew I had.

Back then, I only had a 3 megapixel vivitar p&s, but I used it to death. That camera got banged up and beaten down and it still took everything in stride and lasted a good three or four years before it finally gave up the ghost.

The video clips were silent, of course, but it was almost better that way. The sorrel pony in the video is Lady. She was my childhood pony, who came into my life one Christmas when I was approximately 5 years old. She was old when we got her, nonetheless I was devastated when she passed away about three years ago. Maggy, my German Shepherd dog you can see loping ahead of us on the trail, is also recently deceased.

You may remember Cima, the mare I am riding in the video as the sweet and gentle horse who gave my daughter one of her first horseback rides in a recent post. She is about 35 years of age now...I cannot imagine how it will be when she is gone as well.

(music credit): www.jimmyg.us

Those were better days. Back then, my only responsibility was completing schoolwork and chores before my sister and I would take off with the horses and spend our afternoons riding the trails behind the house. We would goof off - tell stories and play games. I was more at home on horseback than I was in my own bed.

I really miss those days.

0 comments:

 
Amy Patience Flood - Personal Blog creditosbtemplates creditos Templates by lecca 2008 .....Top