Description

The joys and tribulations of a rising photographer, young mother, and horse lover.

Please note that all photos are copyright 2009 Amy Patience Flood. They are not to be downloaded or duplicated in any fashion and are protected by local and international copyright laws.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Linguine with creamy white clam sauce


I have tried several times in the past week to make linguine and white clam sauce. My parents make a mean sauce that I wanted to duplicate - however I had been searching the Internet for a recipe without success. Every formula I found was made up of primarily Parmesean cheese sprinkled over linguine with butter and live oil, which was nothing like the white creamy sauce I remembered.

Finally I chickened out and called Mom to ask her if she still had the recipe. She was able to locate it and gave me the key ingredients. As soon as I hung up the phone, I couldn't help but rush to try it out!


I was pleased to see that the final product looked very much like what my Dad used to make!

It tasted like it too!

In case y'all were interested, here is the receipe. :)

-------------------------------

3 tablespoons butter

1 teaspoon garlic (minced)

¾ cup - sliced mushrooms

2 tablespoons all purpose flour

1 cup milk

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

2 tablespoons parsley

16 oz linguine pasta (1 lb)

1 10oz can of clams (minced)


---------------------------------------

If you decide to try it, drop me a comment and let me know what you think!

P.S. It is important to keep stirring throughout the making of this sauce so it doesn't clump and burn.

You can also make it without mushrooms - I did and it turned out great! Just be careful not to overdo the parsley! ;-)

0 comments:

 
Amy Patience Flood - Personal Blog creditosbtemplates creditos Templates by lecca 2008 .....Top