Description

The joys and tribulations of a rising photographer, young mother, and horse lover.

Please note that all photos are copyright 2009 Amy Patience Flood. They are not to be downloaded or duplicated in any fashion and are protected by local and international copyright laws.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bird Watching


I was in the backyard the last night when I noticed a pair of Robin tending their nest of babies. It was fascinating to watch! The nest was placed upon one of the house gutters just under the ledge of the roof. You can hear my daughter playing with the dogs in the background of this clip. :)

The only thing that worries me is that these robins built the nest smack dab above the path the dogs have made to the front yard. So when the times comes for the babies to be pushed from the nest, they will land in dangerous territory. Unfortunately there's not a lot I can do about this - I can't keep all three of our dogs chained or out of the way 24/7.

I'm not typically a bird person, but I have to admit, I had a lot of fun watching these parents. It continually amazes me the lessons we can learn from animals. Think about it - these Robins have succeeded in doing what approximately 50% of Americans cannot - working together to raise a family.

Next on my wish list, I suppose, is the 1.7x conversion lens so I can get closer images of wildlife - especially birds. We'll see...I can't be getting ahead of myself again!

0 comments:

 
Amy Patience Flood - Personal Blog creditosbtemplates creditos Templates by lecca 2008 .....Top